Tuesday 22 February 2011

miAlchemy

So Foo showed me this free game on Android called Alchemy. It's pretty simple. You start off with the four basic elements; earth, fire, water, and air. Then you drag one on another and make something else. e.g. earth + water = swamp, fire + air = energy, energy + swamp = life. There are 360 elements to unlock in the free version.



Being a coder I thought that it seemed pretty simple to make. So, I made miAlchemy (original, I know). Now it doesn't look as awesome as the Android one, and it's for computer instead. It's written in Python; like the last few projects I've put up here.



The way it figures out which elements exist allows for drop in add-ons. That way you can simply add a file into the elements folder and BAM! it's in the game. Images can be changed just as easily.

Mine also allows more then 2 things to be combined at a time. So something like: earth + air + fire + water = life, is possible.

My version has:
Earth
Air
Water
Fire
Alcohol

Put some suggestions in the comments and I'll add it to the game. If it's not obvious, let me know how to make it.

When I get some more elements into the game I'll package it up and release it for you guys.
If you want to do some 40x40 images would be good too.

5 comments:

  1. cool cant wait to see it released.

    just a few off the top of my head -
    Earth + Air = dust
    Earth + Fire = lava
    Water + Air = mist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added dust, lava, mist and hot air balloon. Will think of a couple more and I'll release it later today for you guys.

    ReplyDelete